Acer monitor EQ320QR Monitor help how I should go about this?

Options
kschilweri
kschilweri Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Monitors

I have an Acer monitor EQ320QR S. I used to use it all the time until one day, it started showing everything in negative Colors. I’ve reset everything, still the same. Monitor works and displays everything but as you can see in the picture. I saw a few YouTube videos saying it’s the blue cable on the back that’s loose and just needs to be reattached. Any idea how I should go about this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

That looks like the Acer ED320QR S Widescreen LCD Monitor not the EQ320QR S monitor that you listed, you have the model wrongly listed as that model does not come up anywhere. Follow the manual of this monitor and do a complete reset. If that does not work then its a backlight issue that for a AUD $268 monitor (this monitor was released in Australia in April 2021) so if you are lucky enough that this monitor is still under the Acer 12 months warranty, then send this monitor to Acer Tech Support as a new monitor should not be having these backlight problems.

Note: the repair of this monitor far exceeds the cost of a new monitor, which is a shame as and especially in Australia there are not many techs that fix backlights in monitors or LCD TV these days, which btw happened to me with a cheap nasty 32" SmartTV (made in you know where) that only lasted 14 months and I had to throw it away as the repairs were 200% more than what I paid for the TV or a new TV. So those are the options that you have.