Predator PH16-71 problems screen freeze, and buzzing sound in headphones.

Options
w202c280
w202c280 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello everybody,
2 weeks ago I bought Predator PH16-71. It was not absolutely new, presentative A+ they called it. However I got some problems.

When I'm playing Rust, every 1 to 5 minutes I got 0,5sec to 2sec screen freeze, and buzzing sound in headphones. Now I noticed that when I'm calling on discord and this happens, it cuts my microphone so I have to end call, and call again. Doing this every +- 2minutes, very irritable.

Next problem is when I unplug battery charger in game, screen start showing horizontal stripes, like very old TV sometimes did for few seconds. Now few moments ago I tried unplug this (for test) and my computer completely freeze so I got to force shut down. (RTX 4070 was released this year, so my battery can't be old.)
Right now I tested it again if it is rule and it's not, now for first time it do what it has to do. But few moments ago it completely freeze computer as I mentioned.

I bought it and it doesnt have these warranty labels (maybe because it was representive not new) on screws down case so I don't expect Acer would bother with these issues.

Does anybody have an idea what to test for? Maybe some stress application that can show something? Common driver problems etc.?

Thanks for help Acer community.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• w202c280

Tinkerer

Options

Ok, now it looks like problem solved.

These graphics stripes once unplugging charger are caused by Crosshair X even when hardware acceleration is off.

Freezing screen and buzzing sound looks good after network Killer driver uninstall and install. And Audio Realtek driver install. I just hope it stays like this.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I advise checking the bios version:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • w202c280

Tinkerer

Options

Hello,
    I wanted to try your advice but it says: This bios file is not allow to flash. The flash process will be terminated. which is because I already had V1.08 and downgrading is not allowed. I Upgraded to V1.12
    Let's try what it does. Thanks

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Is the problem still occurring?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • w202c280

Tinkerer

edited September 2023
    Options

Hello. Yes it is still happening. There are two problems.

1) I somehow rolled back network driver to 22.180.0.4 - then it was ok for 2 days, only once in hours this freeze for a second happening. Then I updated for the newest one 22.240.0.6 and it is happening all again, every few minutes.
    - Screen freezing with audio buzzing for a second, and when I'm calling on Discord, and this freeze happens, it cuts my microphone off, so I have to end call, and call again. Then it works for 1 minute to 5min +-. When I had the older version I feel like it happened only once in hours. Now in minutes.
    I even thought it could be problem with headphones, but it's not. This happen even when they are unplugged.

2) and other problem is random freeze of everything, only solution is force shut down. Happening once in a day, mostly when without load, just looking at desktop.

In Microsoft event I see many faults of DCOM, netwtw12. I tried Wifi, and ethernet cabel, all the same.

I'm considering I have to send it for warranty repair. :(

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What happens when you change these settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• w202c280

Tinkerer

Options

I am sorry but I can't find it. I don't have this in PredatorSense.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

You have to access the bios by pressing f2 before the acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• w202c280

Tinkerer

Options

Hello,

so yesterday it was all ok. These microfreeze happened only few times, but without sound buzzing, and without microphone disconnecting problem on Discord. Thanks for help, I hope you solved this irrirable problem.

But random all freeze happened once. Again, just looking at desktop, I was AFK.