Cpu replacement and Can I upgrade the cpu from acer aspire u5 620

EmreHackt
EmreHackt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Can i upgrade the cpu from my acer aspire u5 620? i have the version with the i5 and the gtx 850m but can i upgrade it to a i7 maybe if it is on a socket?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓

Try eBay, as there are plenty for sale there, that is where I get all my old cpu's from. If you upgrade to the i7-4712QM make sure that you upgrade to the last bios version P11.A1 at this AIOs Acer Drivers & Manuals page, run the max ram of 16GB at 2x 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz and also upgrade to a 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD hard drive, as the combination of all these upgrades will bring out the full potential performance of this pc with its faster cpu, as just upgrading the cpu will give you minimal performance improvement.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder

@EmreHackt you can upgrade to an i7-4712MQ

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Hi @EmreHackt this change will not mean a significant improvement from your i5 to the i7 and a change of this type has a cost and there may always be risks when opening the equipment for this change, there are three steps to change the CPU.

NOTE: This is just my modest personal opinion.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • EmreHackt
    EmreHackt Member Posts: 2 New User

And does anyone knows where i can buy an i7 4712mq?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓

Try eBay, as there are plenty for sale there, that is where I get all my old cpu's from. If you upgrade to the i7-4712QM make sure that you upgrade to the last bios version P11.A1 at this AIOs Acer Drivers & Manuals page, run the max ram of 16GB at 2x 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz and also upgrade to a 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD hard drive, as the combination of all these upgrades will bring out the full potential performance of this pc with its faster cpu, as just upgrading the cpu will give you minimal performance improvement.