My PC is an Acer TC 885 8th Gen i7 core 8700 with 32gb ram

marcl79
marcl79 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello can someone help me please! I am planning on getting the RTX 3060 TI graphics card for video editing which requires a 550w PSU. my manufactured PSU shows 100 - 240v but inside the tower unit the psu says 300w max. would you know what PSU i need so that i can run the RTX 3060 TI? and is it as simple as just changing the PSU to a 600w. Sorry for my ignorrance.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It is a standard ATX power supply, with the 24 pin connector to the motherboard, so it is as simple as that. Just purchase a PSU with a high enough power output and appropriate connectors for the GPU and you should be good to go.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It is a standard ATX power supply, with the 24 pin connector to the motherboard, so it is as simple as that. Just purchase a PSU with a high enough power output and appropriate connectors for the GPU and you should be good to go.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marcl79
    marcl79 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for responding. Your reply is much appreciated!