How do I get out of this infinite loop without losing all my files?

Options
Mohammed_Islam
Mohammed_Islam Member Posts: 2 New User

I had tried turning my laptop on after a couple of weeks of not using it then I had suddenly seen a bright blue screen that doesn't let me get to the desktop

Answers

• Mohammed_Islam
    Mohammed_Islam Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Btw I've used many youtube videos and online guides trying to solve this problem but none of them have worked. Also system restore isn't possible

There was an error displaying this embed.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,423 Trailblazer
    Options

Restore system to an earlier point won't work if that feature is turned off in Windows, it will not backup the registry with some settings. The only option left is a full system Reset without losing your files. You need to get out of the Repair Loop first. Try pressing Alr+F10 as soon as you get the Acer logo, that will get you the blue WindowsRE screen with the Troubleshoot menu, Reset this PC without losing your files is one of the options. If Alt+F10 does not work because your Acer recovery volume is corrupted you need to boot with a Windows Recovery (also called Repair disk) USB flash drive, you can make one on another PC with the same Windows version:
    https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/windows-10-recovery-usb-for-another-pc.html

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Actually, when you are booted into the repair environment you can copy the important files off to a flash drive, so if everything is reset at least you still have them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.