I want to upgrade my aspire e 15 ES-575G-31LP And can the processor be upgraded?

Stock202
Stock202 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 31 in Aspire Laptops

Hello ,

I want to upgrade my laptop from 4 gb ram to 16 ram i want to change both slots and i want to change it with : Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000) DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFD8213 , is it a good upgrade ? To add two or should i only add 12 GB RAM ? And can the proccesor be upgraded?
Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• michaeljohn
    michaeljohn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Upgrading your laptop's RAM is a great way to boost its performance. The Crucial 8GB DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM you mentioned is a good choice for upgrading. It's advisable to have matching RAM sticks for optimal performance. Since your laptop currently has 4GB of RAM, adding two 8GB sticks (16GB total) will provide a balanced and significant performance boost.

Answers

• michaeljohn
    michaeljohn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Upgrading your laptop's RAM is a great way to boost its performance. The Crucial 8GB DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM you mentioned is a good choice for upgrading. It's advisable to have matching RAM sticks for optimal performance. Since your laptop currently has 4GB of RAM, adding two 8GB sticks (16GB total) will provide a balanced and significant performance boost.

• Stock202
    edited August 30

i recently upgraded my ram on my laptop but i have a question can i upgrade the proccesor thanks !

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 27,669 Trailblazer

Hi,

No, you can not upgrade the CPU because it's soldered to the motherboard, however, you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD in your laptop and it will improve the performance immensely.

• Stock202

Thank you for helping me , but what about the proccesor its an i3 7th gen can it be upgraded , and thanks for help !

• martina78
    martina78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 3

Yes, upgrading your laptop from 4GB RAM to 16GB RAM is a good upgrade. It will make your laptop faster and more responsive, especially when running multiple programs at the same time.

If you have two RAM slots, I recommend that you add two 8GB RAM modules, for a total of 16GB. This will give you the best performance. However, if you can only afford to add one RAM module, adding a 12GB RAM module is also a good option.

Whether or not you can upgrade your laptop's processor depends on the make and model of your laptop. To find out if your processor is upgradable, you can check your laptop's documentation or contact the manufacturer.

Here are some tips for upgrading your laptop's RAM:

• Make sure that the RAM modules you choose are compatible with your laptop. You can check your laptop's documentation or contact the manufacturer to find out what type of RAM is compatible.
    • Be careful when handling the RAM modules. They are delicate and can be easily damaged.
    • When installing the RAM modules, make sure that they are seated properly in the slots.

Once you have installed the new RAM modules, restart your laptop and check the BIOS to make sure that the new RAM is recognized.

Upgrading your laptop's RAM is a relatively easy and inexpensive way to improve its performance. If you are considering upgrading your laptop's RAM, I recommend that you do so.

• jentel938
    jentel938 Member Posts: 1 New User

i also want to upgrade my processor to the latest one as i am a graphic designer by the profession so you can understand that a super fast quick device is my top priotity.

What i face is while opening the high resolution images then the problem face is like the processor fan is about to burn and the display stucks,

And i have to then use a trick to convert images to 600x600 pixels which decrease the image pixels and then i can open my heavy resolution images on the device, so thats the reason i want to upgrade my processor