swift 3 blue screen and also error code : INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - any help?

Options
Talullah
Talullah Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Windows 11

just got a swift 3 windows 11 (july 2023). worked fine for 2 weeks but after windows update, got blue screen. tried the automatic reparation, to open it in safe mode, to uninstall the update, rebooting the system, and resetting the PC but nothing works. the log file says : C\Windows\System32\Lodfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

also error code : INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

if anybody could help me figure it out what i could do else to repair, that would definitely help! I am not from the States. My computer is in French and if I need to go somewhere to repair, don't know where they will take my warranty. tried to find info on ITW Acer and its unclear to me how to do that or where.

Any assistance here please?

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! I advise restoring the bios settings. Press f2 before the acer logo. Then press the f9 and f10 keys. If the issue continues to occur, press alt+f10 before the acer logo.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

We need to know which Swift 3 model you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. That error could easily be a bad drive, or as suggested the wrong BIOS settings.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Talullah
    Options

Sorry took me long to answer, I was traveling for work.

the model number is N21C2 - the serial number is SF314-512-5208. do you need the S/N or the SNID?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Access the bios by pressing the f2 key. Then, restore the bios settings by pressing the f9 key.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Talullah
    Options

already tried and it is not working but thxs

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

You full model number is the SF314-512-5208 that you found on that sticker. The SF314-512 models are all new enough that they use UEFI boot environments. They usually have a single SSD installed, with a second slot that can be used for a second SSD. Sizes ranged from a 256GB to 1TB IIRC. What we need to do next is try and find out of your drive has failed, or if the issue is just a bad UEFI setup. Go into the BIOS and verify the boot menu is enabled. That's in the Main tab of the BIOS and is disabled by default. Next you need to use a different computer and a flash drive to create a Windows install disk. Once you have that, put the flash drive in your computer and use the F12 option at boot to choose to boot from the install disk. Use the Repair option on the second page and first try to repair things automatically. It usually doesn't work, but if it does that will be the easiest solution. If the repair fails navigate in repair mode to the command prompt use us these commands:

• diskpart
    • list disk
    • sel disk #
    • list part
    • list vol

Replace the # with the number of your boot drive that list disk showed. Take a picture of the results and post them here. Needless to say if 'list disk' doesn't actually show you main drive, then it has failed and will need to be replaced.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.