My Acer Monitor QG241Y monitor has serious lag. Please help

Options
my_monitor2023
my_monitor2023 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Monitors

Hi All,

I recently bought Acer Full HD Gaming Monitor QG241Y. The monitor functions correctly when I watch videos stored in the drive. But when it comes to online like YouTube, it really slows down. The audio comes first and then the video. There is a significant delay. I have installed and updated the drive. I'm connecting the desktop to the monitor using VGA. My system config is given below. Please help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• my_monitor2023
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions @MRWHOAMI_78 . I'll try that and let you know.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,869 Trailblazer
    Options

That doesn't sound like an issue with the monitor, but with your network connection and the computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • my_monitor2023
    Options

@billsey Thanks for the reply. I've shared my PC specs in my post. What do you think could be the issue?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,869 Trailblazer
    Options

The big one that shows is your system drive is a HDD, not a SSD. Second thing is is mostly determined by your usage, but 8GB of ram might not be enough depending on what is running. If you are also running a third party virus scanner it might be doing a lot of disk access for quite a while after startup.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.