Aspire A515-56G VMD Driver None of My drives show up and seem to install.

IzzyWild8
IzzyWild8 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi everyone! I need some help please. Recently I tried to install Windows 11 on My Laptop (Aspire A515-56G) and I cannot seem to go beyond the Drive selection page. None of My drives show up. Tried everything from installing VMD to Non-VMD Storage drivers but none of them seem to install. Please help. Been trying for 2 days.

Best Regards

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,543 Trailblazer

Try to disable the VMD controller in Bios: (Intel® Volume Management Device) and install W11 ISO with USB.

When Clean installing Windows11, with VMD enabled you have to have the IRST driver available before Windows setup will see the drives installed. Download the IRST driver from Acer Support for your model laptop, extract it and save it (don't install) in the Desktop, during the installation process, when it asks, "Where do you want to install Windows?", you click Load driver (most probably in the lower left) and browse to the Desktop where you have saved the extracted folder, after the installation your system will detect the SSD.

• IzzyWild8

Hi. Thanx for Your reply. I tried all of this. VMD Disabled and enabled, both and nothing worked. I tried downloading many Storage drivers in .Zip format and also extracted .exe files and nothing worked. Does it have something to do with Transcend NvMe (M.2)? Thanx.

Best Regards

• IzzyWild8

Sorry I forgot to mention that this is a clean installation!

• You will do the following: first download this driver: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_intel_10.1.24.5_W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637707466749435481&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=ASPIRE%20A515-56&OS=ALL&LC=pt-br&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

Then extract the driver with winrar. You will need to install this .inf file during windows installation, clicking LOAD DRIVER:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IzzyWild8

@Hi. egydiocoelho, @Puraw, thank you. This worked for Me. It was My fault initially. Something was wrong with the USB. I formatted it and then reinstalled Windows with rufus and then tried. It worked! Thank You for Your help.

Best Regards