Acer Predator Orion 3000 po3 650 1 Long Beep on PC bootup error

Options
Gvgibson
Gvgibson Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in Predator Desktops

Acer Predator Orion 3000 po3 650 won’t bootup after safely and properly installing new ram I have ensured to follow the correct process and have the correct ram for my computer I have tried to re-install the old ram and nothing seems to work

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Long beep is a memory error, so you need to recheck that the memory is seated correctly. What memory are you putting in? Are you replacing the stock memory or adding to the stock? What sizes of memory?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gvgibson
    Gvgibson Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2023
    Options

I am trying to replace the stock memory just so I can get my computer working again I initially tried installing crucial ram i baught specifically for the Acer predator Orion 3000 on their website it said DDR4 was compatible for my machine so I baught it and it didn’t work now the stock ram won’t work either I also have ensured the ram is seated correctly and there are no visual defects. The size I was trying to add was 2x 16b DDR4 (32gb)

• mddm40
    mddm40 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have a po3-650 mine is DDR5

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, DDR4 shouldn't even fit if the original memory is DDR5.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.