Nitro AN517-52 Nitro sense ceases to control the GPU

I_infinity
I_infinity Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Nitro Gaming

After the laptop goes into sleep mode and then wakes up, Nitro sense does not show the temperature and load of the GPU. Only a reboot helps. How can I fix this without rebooting? I use a monitor connected via HDMI.
The BIOS is the latest for windows 11, the video driver is updated.
Nitro AN517-52, i5-10300h, gtx-1650 windows 11

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,767 Trailblazer

The Nitro Sense only registers the GPU temps for the NVidia GPU which is not used all the time especially when the laptop is turned on, that temp reading on the GPU NS doesn’t come on or register if your laptop does not use the GPU. Otherwise uninstall the Nitro Sense and then reinstall it

• Hi @I_infinity wait for more answers that can help your question but do not uninstall Nitro Sense because it is likely that you will not be able to start it when installing again, if this happens, you will have to reinstall Windows again.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • I_infinity

Hi @StevenGen , in Nvidia settings, I have a high-performance graphics card for everything. Reinstalling NS is impractical because NS shows GPU data after reboot. This problem occurs exactly when the laptop goes into sleep mode, and then wakes up, and NS does not show GPU data. And a simple restart of NS does not give a result. If NS had the option to select a GPU, then this would solve the problem, but there is no such button there.

Hi @Alejandro_AC , i reinstalled and installed exactly what is in the applications and drivers for my laptop on this site. This was not successful. A very strange problem, and as I understand it, this problem has existed for a long time, but the manufacturer has not solved it. ☹️

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,206 Pathfinder

@I_infinity the GPU is currently idling so it doesn't show any data. Try to run a game and switch the tab to the Nitrosense for checking the GPU data.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • I don't think it's a driver or application problem, rather the sensor, if you don't reboot and wait a few minutes, the GPU in NS starts giving values?

Thank you.
    A cordial greeting.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • I_infinity

Hi @AnhEZ28 , i also initially thought so, but no, it's definitely some kind of software error that the NS manufacturer is not trying to fix. I started the game, I also started video editors like Total Video AI, which loads the GPU while processing the video, but it doesn't work.

Hi @Alejandro_AC , no readings will be displayed in NS. Regardless of whether I'm running games or something else, or I won't be running anything. Only a reboot helps. And then the GPU readings are displayed in NS.
    I have to reboot in order for NS to see the GPU. And only then will I be able to play. I will also add that NS will show both temperature and load for hours, everything is as it should be, until the next sleep mode. It is then necessary to wake up the laptop and the GPU readings disappear. Hence the conclusion that the problem is not with the sensor, but with the NS application.

Maybe I shouldn't pay attention to this, but I believe NS controls the correct rotation of the fans depending on the temperature of both the CPU and the GPU. Otherwise there would be no need for an NS.