Acer Nitro XZ306C Xwmiiiphx please suggest some Best practice to adjust Display

Options
Susja
Susja Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Monitors

Hello Folks

My question might be a little bit odd but anyway I would like to have you suggestions

Today I have bought monitor “Acer Nitro XZ306C Xwmiiiphx 29.5" 1500R Curved Zero-Frame UWFHD (2560 x 1080) VA Gaming Monitor | AMD FreeSync Premium | Up to 200Hz | 1ms VRB”

Everything is OK the picture is good but I noticed so many options to adjust like “Contrast”, “Warm” and a few other with abbreviations I have no clue what they mean

Hence my request… while I understand that’s a personal preferences but anyway… what would you recommend to play with? Each one usually has default value.. but what’s your practice?
Appreciate your time

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail and model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,605 Trailblazer
    Options

Best practice is not change settings as they came from the factory. Just leave them in default mode since they have been tested and satisfy most users.

However, individual user preferences can vary. Color perception can be very subjective. For example, some users may feel default color images seem a bit faded out or foggy. Increasing contrast will help to make the colors look less faded out and more vibrant.

While other users may feel there's too much blue tinge to the color images. Blue tinges are considered cold. To correct this you increase the warm settings. This reduces cold blue tinges by increasing warm yellow tinges to the images.

You should experiment with different settings one at a time to help familiarize yourself to the meaning of the abbreviations by seeing what they actually do the image. Seeing by making only one setting change at a time is the best way to learn.

Jack E/NJ