A715-42G After the latest Windows 11 update, the brightness and sound widgets have disappeared

Options
6Vlad6imir6
6Vlad6imir6 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Windows 11

Hello everyone,
I would appreciate it if you could share a solution to the following problem!

I have an A715-42G laptop running Windows 11. After a regular Windows update, the visual widgets stop displaying when I press the brightness and sound adjustment buttons.

As a result, I have to uninstall all Windows updates, and I've even disabled system updates altogether.
This issue started in the spring 2023, and I hoped it would be resolved, but yesterday I installed Windows updates and the widgets disappeared again. After removing the updates, the widget display comes back.
Is there perhaps a patch available for the widgets? I hoped to find new driver versions for my laptop model on the driver website, but unfortunately, everything is from 2022.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! The same problem occurs when trying to update the video drivers

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 6Vlad6imir6
    Options

Hello everyone,
    Doesn't anyone else have a similar issue with widgets?

• TheForceIsBack
    TheForceIsBack Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I've had a similar problem every time I use my laptop. I have found that if you go to start menu (Windows logo on keyboard) and look up "device manager" you can see all the things on the device. Under "display adapters" there might be a little exclamation mark telling you that something is wrong. Click on it to select it, and then look for a button near the top that says "disable device". Then, find the "enable device" button and click it. The screen might go black for a few seconds, but should then come back up and the widgets should be back. Seems to reset the graphics card driver or something, At least for me, that fixes it. The only issue is that I have to do it almost every time I turn on my laptop. Good luck

• 6Vlad6imir6
    Options

Thank you for sharing your experience!
    I will definitely try your method!