TravelMate P215-53 Acer Control Center App will not open

Options
IROC_Chick
IROC_Chick Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Acer Software

I have the latest ACC app installed on my TravelMate P215-53. Machine came with W11. the application will open and stay in the state with spinning dots indefinitely. It will advise there are critical updates that are required, however, it will not open to show me what they are or to install them. I could go through the support page for my device and download / install each update on its own, however, is this not what the ACC app is supposed to help me with and save me time by not having to go through each update like that.

Am I the only one on the planet that is having trouble with this? I've scoured the internet and tried the uninstall/install/reboot tips out there to no avail. I feel my search for making this software work is futile as there is still no solution. Good grief I can make old software start and WORK on this machine but cannot get CURRENT software from the manufacturer to even open.

If I have to download and install all updates manually, are they cumulative? EG: the version 1.50 of the BIOS update includes all previous updates also?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Disable or even better uninstall ACC as it does not run well in W11, no matter what ACC version and it interferes with Windows updates (WAU app), you don't need ACC, all these options are available in Window11.

• IROC_Chick

Tinkerer

Options

Okay, that works for me. I still have one question about BIOS updates. Are they cumulative or do I have to download an install each incremental version individually? Is the ACC needed to install the BIOS updates? Thanks!

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@IROC_Chick regarding the BIOS update, you can directly update to the latest version. It is separated from ACC so it is unnecessary for the BIOS update.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • IROC_Chick

Tinkerer

Options

@Puraw and @AnhEZ28 … I've uninstalled ACC and have the latest BIOS downloaded ready to install when I've the time. Thank you both for your advice. I'll start a new thread if I have any issues with BIOS updates.