acer chromebook touchpad is not working

wajeeha
wajeeha Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in Chromebooks

my acer chromebook's touchpad is not working and there is no option of touchpad in setting also no in device manager. so the question is how to install touchpad software and why it was deleted.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

Which Chromebook do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wajeeha
    wajeeha Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2023

serial no. NXEF2AA002XXX

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

OK, that looks to be a C740-C4PE. The C740 doesn't seem to have a magic keypress that enables or disables it, so it's not as easy as it is with some models. It could be hardware, either the touchpad itself or the wires that run between the touchpad and motherboard. This isn't the best is pictures, since it shows speaker removal, but the cable for the touchpad is in the center of the image:

You remove the back, then the battery, to get access to that cable. You might just try reseating it at both ends several times, or cleaning the contacts with an alcohol swab.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.