Acer CB342CKC usb c issues with surface 5 laptop

Options
osi22
osi22 Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear All,

I have a MS surface laptop 5 (win 11, 12th gen i7) that is connected via USB C to the Acer CB342CKC monitor.

Once I turn on the laptop, usb devices (key&mouse) are being recognized and charging is working, however the display itself is not. After many different troubelshooting attempts, I found out, that switching form DP ALT to DP, or disconnecting and reconnecting the cable "wakes up" the display, and it is being recognised then by the OS. I've tried to reset all settings, switched off the autosource and set the input to "DP ALT", but none of these helped. On the laptop side I updated all drivers to the latest ones, but still no luck.

To sort out any laptop related failures, I also connected different displays like an LG 38WK95C or Samsung ls34wg850suxen with my surface laptop. There were no issues at all, so I strongly believe this has to be an Acer Monitor related issue.

Does anyone already faced such issues?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options

Try both powering the laptop on, then the monitor and visa versa. My guess it's a timing issue between the two.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • osi22
    osi22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

If I power off the monitor, and than back on, the display is still not being recognised by the os. If I try it that with the laptop, sadly same behaviour.