Orion 5000 PO-5 625s I wanted to ask if there is any alternative to predator sense

Options
helaklata
helaklata Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hello and welcome. I wanted to ask if there is any alternative to predator sense because on the manufacturer's website there is no 625s model. How can we control the fans in a different way?

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

There are a lot of third party fan control apps out there. The PO5-625s models were designed as a lower end entry game machine, so they didn't design in some of the extra stuff they did on the higher end models, hence the lack of Predator Sense…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • helaklata
    helaklata Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

I don't think i7 11700k with rtx 3080 is for low end gaming

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Not low end, just lower than other Predator models the same age. The 625s was the Comet Lake based system where they went with an attempt to get the costs down to better meet the needs of gamers during the pandemic, and one of the things they cut was support for Predator Sense. It was an extension to the 605s they did earlier.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.