Acer Spin 5 what and how questions related to stylus

aa11
aa11 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can I use a pen or stylus with Acer Spin 5?.

Answers

• aa11
    aa11 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

the Acer Spin 5 comes with an active stylus.

BTW, I am trying to sort out understanding what is in the stylus. and rigging up a way to see if my active stylus has a charge and how much. And also to sort out if the charging port on the acer spin 5 for the active stylus is putting out voltage. and how much should it be putting out. . My active stylus stopped working. and I have a hunch that the pins on the active stylus charging part are bent slightly and therefore not charging the pen. And because the pen does not have any indicator on it to identify whether it has a charge or not. there is no way to tell if the screen being unresponsive to the pen has to do with it not having a charge. From what I understand, there are two metal contacts in the charging part that have to match up with two metal contacts on the pen to allow the charging port to charge the stylus. And it looks like those metal pins can be bent and cause them to not make full contact with the metal contacts on the pen. I am also thinking about a way to charge the active stylus outside of sticking it in the charging port of the laptop, as an alternative method to charge the pen as a way to troubleshoot that the pen has a charge when putting its tip on the laptop screen. and i am wondering if the active stylus requires pairing with the laptop. and is there a replacement or alternate/aftermarket active stylus pen that can work with the acer spin 5.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

Different Spin models have different features, so not all Spin 5s are going to have an active stylus. With mine the stylus docks on the side of the base, and charges through the dock. Third party styluses could work with this model, but they wouldn't fit in the dock so would have to be charged separately or use a replaceable battery.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.