purchased 2 Acer AOPEN 24MV1Y P monitors, 1 working 1 has issues

Options
TheManInCharge
TheManInCharge Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, so one monitor works fine. The other when I plug in via HDMI or DisplayPort, both into my laptop or my desktop, just ends up with flashing red, green, and blue colors. Googling comes up with different results for different models, but not finding anything for this particular one.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options

That is the factory setting mode. Try this procedure to get in and out of factory mode:
    Turn off the Acer monitor and disconnect it from the computer or any other device. Locate the control buttons on the monitor. They are usually placed on the front or bottom edge of the monitor. Press and hold the "Menu" button on the monitor's control panel. While holding the "Menu" button, turn on the monitor by pressing the power button. Keep holding the "Menu" button. Continue to hold the "Menu" button until the monitor enters or exits the factory mode. This process may vary depending on the model, but it typically involves seeing a menu or message on the screen. Once you are in the factory mode, you can navigate through the options using the other buttons on the control panel. The specific options available in the factory mode will depend on the monitor model.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheManInCharge
    TheManInCharge Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

That does nothing. There are 5 buttons. The far left button is the power button, the far right is the Menu button. Turning it on while holding the Menu button changes nothing.

Any other suggestions?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options

Nope, other than contacting Acer support to see if they have instructions for your specific model.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.