Predator PH315-54 display issue and showing horizontal lines on the display at all times.

Options
OmKapoor
OmKapoor Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Predator Laptops

My acer predator laptop PH315-54 is showing horizontal lines on the display at all times, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and it is no good, is it a software or a hardware issue? I am attaching a photo of the display

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Predatorjeet
    Predatorjeet Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

As per my knowledge (have an old Samsung mobile with same issue), it's a hardware issue as an expert told me the lines would increase with time (thus aggravating the problem) & that it occurs when device is kept unused for a long period, thus rendering the liquid to alter. Witnessed similar in some TVs & a Lenovo laptop, not owned by me.

If this happened after turning the laptop on after a long break, the cause might be the same as above. Additionally, you can monitor the number & placement of lines & lastly, take it to a service center, if you plan to use its display as this hardly leaves it usable.

• OmKapoor
    Options

thanks for the answer bro..i'll go get it checked on a service centre

• chandrabehera
    chandrabehera Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Any update ? I got the same issue. At first it disappeared after restart than again it reappeared like after 4 hrs.

• OmKapoor
    Options

@chandrabehera Got it checked and it was a hardware problem as the service centre guy said and had to get a new display.

I had continuous lines, maybe yours can be a cable issue. If bothers much should get it checked

• chandrabehera
    Options

My whole screen is filled with those lines…

• chandrabehera
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, also mine is under warranty, so they might replace it for free ? and after a month of usage it got screen bleeding on the corners anyways… did you had the same issue of screen bleeding