po3-640 faulty usb c? it does work on the other ports.

Options
Kz00
Kz00 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hi all

po3-640 front panel usb c acting weird. when i connect keyboard or mouse it does work. the other usb above it can take external hard drive as well, brilliant. all the other usb ports are working as they supposed to. but this one doesn`t.

i have usb c hub, i bought it for my steam deck. it does work perfectly with my laptop, the deck, even i use it sometimes connected to my phone, but it wont work with my pc when it is connected to the usb c on the front panel. it does work on the other ports.

i have tried reinstalling the drivers, dedusting countless of houres of googleing.

can anyone suggest something?

thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

What brand and model of USB-C hub is it? Does it only provide USB ports, or other functions as well? Does it not work at all, or only some of the functions don't work? That port is off the PCH-S portion of the chipset and should provide USB 3.2 functionality:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kz00
    Kz00 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

I figured it is a power delivery issue. Thr usb c on the front can't charge the ps5 controller, or my phone but there is data transfer between them. I use the controller on that port often. But it's discharging actually. So, is it possible the usb c just a cheap S, or something prevent the system provide more juice to it? Could it be a damage on the circuit somewhere

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, the port should provide normal USB-C power delivery, so 5V@3A, or 15W.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.