What specific memory can a add to increase my memory by 16 GB to my Pedator Orion 3000 (PO3-640G)?

Options
whk
whk Member Posts: 3 New User

I have 16 GB in the PC which runs as 3200. When I tried to added another 16 GB the speed drops to 2400. The new module was the similar to the old module, both Kingston Fury, Beast DDR4 16 GB CL16.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Likely the new modules were the XMP versions, which will run at their base speed instead of the full speed. Which specific module numbers are they? The stock Kingston memory in your system is ACR32D4U2D8HD-16F, which is custom made for Acer and isn't XMP.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • whk
    whk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Yes, that explains why my new memory isn't working at 3200. And since Acer has the XMP capability disabled in the BIOS, its speed cannot be reset from 2400 to 3200. So should I be able to use any 3200 ram that doesn't advertise XMP capability? Do you know of a specific memory module that somebody has actually installed in their PC what works at full speed? Thanks for the help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

There are plenty that meet spec out there. Here's the first one I saw in an Amazon search:

https://www.amazon.com/Tech-3200MHz-PC4-25600-Non-ECC-Computer/dp/B08KTQWQPK

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.