Predator G3-710 keep crashing randomly while I am doing stuff like gaming or surfing the web

Options
SoC_SiN
SoC_SiN Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Predator Desktops

PC: Predator G3-710 - i7-7700 + GTX 1080 (Current Driver version - 528.49)

I have checked my event viewer and the MEMORY.DMP File that it creates, and it says its a graphics card driver version issue. May I know if anyone has this problem and did they fix it? Or if anyone is running a version that is stable without any crashes?

MEMORY.DMP File:

Always shows this error on my Event Viewer:

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,508 Trailblazer
    Options

I recommend that you download DDU freeware (the W10 version works in W11) from Wagnardsoft.com and run it in Safe Mode, uninstall all your display drivers, DDU supports AMD and INTEL. Make sure internet is working and just reboot. Windows will install the best driver for your GPU.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, though I would also run an SFC and DISM scan on your system. The dump is pointing at Windows modules that use the video drivers, not directly at the driver files.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SoC_SiN

Tinkerer

edited August 2023
    Options

Hi billsey, then why does the MEMORY.DMP file indicate this on it? There are others who told me it was the graphics driver version that was causing the issue.

SYMBOL_NAME:  nvlddmkm+108fe60

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME:  nvlddmkm.sys

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Edit:

Ran SFC and DISM. Seems there isn't any issues.

• SoC_SiN

Tinkerer

Options

Hi billsey, I'll do the SFC and DISM first and see if that can solve my issue. But some people have been saying my issue was due to graphics driver version.

As they read from the MEMORY.DMP has this inside:

SYMBOL_NAME:  nvlddmkm+108fe60

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME:  nvlddmkm.sys

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

nvlddmkm is the module that check to make sure other things aren't grabbing the bus and then not releasing, so it often shows up as the cause of the BSOD when something like a driver is having issues. Since you come out clean with SFC and DISM that tends to point at nvlddmkm itself not being the problem. Have you tried updating the GTX 1080 drivers? I was sort of under the impression you had already tried that and was still seeing the issue. The DDU suggestion is just a way to fully remove drivers before a reinstall but is usually not needed when doing an update.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SoC_SiN

Tinkerer

Options

Hi, yes you're right as I already tried updating to the latest GTX 1080 drivers recommended through GeForce Experience, yet I still experienced the same crashes. So now I am just trying out different driver version for awhile until I find one that actually runs stable without any sort of crashes or issue.