Acer r241y freesync "This monitor does not support freesync"

Options
TR112
TR112 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in Monitors

Hello! I have recently found out that my monitor (r241y) supports amd freesync, im currently using a radeon rx580 however in its driver software under display it states "This monitor does not support freesync" Which makes no sense when it states under the r241y that it supports freesync and 75hz refresh rate, neither are apparent under my monitor, would there be any setting or update i could do to my monitor in order to allow it to use freesync or am i just not able to use freesync or 75hz refresh rate despite it being blatently listed under both yours and amd's website.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,372 Pathfinder
    Options

First you need to enable freesync from monitor OSD menu then you have to enable it from amd software>Display tab. Also yoi need to make sure that freesync is supported through that port monitor is connected with. Like Most of time HDMI Port support freesync and if you are using monitor through VGA port, freesync may not work.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • TR112
    Options

I do not have the option of freesync on the osd, i have checked all menus and options, im not sure if this also effects it but the "auto" button on the osd is greyed out and i am unable to use it, is this due to a old firmware or am i not looking well enough??

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,372 Pathfinder
    Options

-Did you connected your monitor through Hdmi port?

-Make sure other VRB is turned off. on some monitors both feature doesn't work together, One option may be grey due to this.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • TR112
    edited August 2023
    Options

what options am i needing to disable for the vrb? also yes it is plugged in using hdmi i have tried all slots on my graphics cards and multiple hdmi cables, i have changed my frame rate in my graphics settings as well. As well as this, In my amd graphics settings it states my monitor (r241y) and under freesync it is greyed out.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @TR112 freesync technology applies to AMD cards, although NVidia started supporting it in 2019 through its drivers, if the driver supports freesync, it should appear in the NVidia control panel.

If it doesn't appear and you have Acer's driver installed for your NVidia card, download (for this case only) the driver from NVidia:

If the screen is compatible with this technology, it should also appear in the menu of the monitor itself.

It does not mention the exact model of your computer and the version of Windows installed.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• TR112
    Options

I am extremely confused in what you are saying, I put in the title of the post what graphics card and monitor i havel, I have a red devil rx580 and the acer r241y on Amd's website https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

It says the r241y supports freesync technology however in my drivers Version 23.7.2 Under the display tab it says Freesync is not supported on this monitor and under it it says r241y , i have checked my osd and cannot find a freesync toggle, can you please help me to answer my question instead of telling me about nvidia drivers, it is clear enough i dont have nvidia if im using freesync, not gsync

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

I mistook your card for the NVidia GTX 580.
    Indeed its AMD drivers are the latest.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)