ACER Predator XB323QKNV Macbook Pro 2019 I want to use the USB-C port on the monitor.

Options
BuzzLens
BuzzLens Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Predator Monitors

Im having trouble displaying 4k via USB-C to my MPB 2019. Im using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable from the MPB to the USB-C port on the monitor. When first plugging in, the monitor displayed 4k for all of 5 minutes and then ever since it will only display a maximum resolution of 2560x1440p. I tried another cable and it worked in 4k for again like 2 minutes and then went back to 1440p. Ive tried USB-C to DisplayPort and this works fine in 4k but only 60hz. I want to use the USB-C port on the monitor because it provides power delivery and also enables me to use the USB Hub o the monitor for my external hardrives.

Can somebody please help.

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• BuzzLens

Tinkerer

Options

Do you mean update the graphics on my mac or on the monitor? and what settings are you referring to? the monitor settings or the mac?

• BuzzLens

Tinkerer

Options

This did not work. The monitor is up to date with the latest fromware, aswell as my macbook pro drivers. There are no monitor settings that allow you to change the display resolution.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Click on "Show all resolutions" on that screen and let us know what the rest of the options are.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padar69
    padar69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

BUMP,
    Did you find any solutions? I have the same issue - Acer support told me to contact apple support, but neither of them helped me. They don't know the issue, they cannot diagnose it and to be honest I am helpless.

• BuzzLens

Tinkerer

Options

unfortunately not, my work around to having the 1 cable setup is to have a thunderbolt 3 cable going from the MPB to an “Anker USB-C Docking Station” then from the docking station to the monitor via USB-C to DisplayPort Cable. I’m getting 4K at 60hz not 120hz but I prefer that rather than losing quality. I’ve seen that the M1 and M2 MacBooks have no issue when connecting via USB C cable directly to the monitor and getting 4K at 120hz.

The docking station is also useful becuase it has lots of other ports for plugging in my external hardrives and sd cards while still only having 1 cable going into my MPB.