Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

W500 windows 8 screen rotate doesn't work

jatclatjatclat Posts: 4Member

I have recently bought an Iconia Tab W500. After installing Windows 8, screen rotate stopped working. I know about the rotate lock - it's off! What do I do?

Answers

• Joshua188Joshua188 Posts: 523Member

Hello jatclat, The best thing to do is go to the support site and download the G sensor driver for windows 8. Here is the link you need G sensor Driver

• jatclatjatclat Posts: 4Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Any more ideas?

Well you may want to try and downgrade back to the OEM Windows 7 load and then update all the drivers then run the upgrade to Windows 8 and this may help

• ktdan1ktdan1 Posts: 1Member

you will also need to install either the Dritek- Device control or the EETi- HID. 

Seems to have been solved now. The difficult bit was finding the Device Driver on the Acer site. It's in Applications, but not mentioned under Windows 8.

awesome Smiley Happy Glad to hear the unit is working now.

• westonrwestonr Posts: 35Member

Did you just install the device driver to get it to work under applications and was it Windows 8 the Commercial release version. Did you also update  the AMD Driver.

Thanks

Apologies for not replying before. I installed Windows 8 Pro but not (knowingly) the AMD driver. Automatic screen rotate worked. But after a week or so I didn't need that function, and when I wanted to use it again just a few days ago it had stopped working. I then reinstalled the device driver, plus the AMD driver - which Windows thought had already been installed. There was a moment of excitement when the screen changed from landscape to portrait, but there it stuck. I re-set it to landscape using Control Panel/Display. There I noticed that Windows 8 doesn't give an option for variable orientation: it wants you to tell it either portrait or landscape. So it seems I can change the orientation manually but not automatically.

• wolbarwolbar Posts: 1Member

My screen has to be manually rotated as well. After 6 months no fix has been implementd.  Acer has no future in my life after this.

• westonrwestonr Posts: 35Member

See westonr post he had same issue and resolved it

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online269

Acer-Micha
Acer-Micha
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
cstrang
cstrang
FRANCELLY
FRANCELLY
Isabel66
Isabel66
Kno63
Kno63
MariusG
MariusG
Raided
Raided
Saurabhj
Saurabhj
utterbutter
utterbutter
+259 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Maintenance Notice:

The Acer Community Maintenance has ended! We apologize for the delay and would like to thank everyone for their patience. We're still ironing out some details but you're more than welcome to explore! Stay tuned to the Announcements section as we'll be updating it regularly to keep you informed about the changes.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

Look at ven98 go! Raising up the ranks, helping other users in the Predator forums. Thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 760

Total Points:147

Total Accepted Answers: 0

ven98

Practitioner