Acer Aspire E15 Windows 10 recovery?

Options
oksurb
oksurb Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in Windows 10

Hi...I have an Acer Aspire E15 that, to make a very long story short, I have no backup for and the machine will not boot.

Is there any way to get a windows (10) recovery/install disk from Acer? Or does anyone know how to get this machine back from it's current "doorstop" status, haha?!?! As of now, the HDD is completely wiped.

Thanks,
Andy B

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• oksurb
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Billsey…I'll see what I can find thru Acer store.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Does the Acer logo appear? Do hard drives show up in the bios info tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • oksurb
    Options

The ACER screen comes up but quickly moves to a blue "RECOVERY" screen saying your PC needs to be repaired……….

Yes…the toshiba HDD shows in the BIOS.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Use a Windows install flash drive in repair mode, you may have to enable the F12 boot menu in the BIOS first.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oksurb
    Options

Biilsey…right now my HDD is wiped clean. It was a complete mess so I have to format it. So it's empty.

Do you know, is there any way to get a windows recovery/install disk from Acer or am I hosed?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It depends on the age of the system. They tend to keep recovery media in stock for a few years, but not a really long time. If you are in the USA or Canada you can go to the Acer store and purchase recovery media (typically a thumb drive these days). Outside of those locales you have to contact Acer support to see if they can get you it. You can do a do a clean install with just the Windows install flash drive and potentially the iRST drivers for your chipset. Acer specific utilities can sometimes be downloaded form the support site, but licensed utilities from other vendors that are included in the standard build aren't usually downloadable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oksurb
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Billsey…I'll see what I can find thru Acer store.