USB 2.0 ports of Nitro AN17 41 R7GT aren't reading External SSD

Options

Hello everyone, the last week I bought a new laptop and I updated all drivers and the BIOS (actual ver. INSYDE V1.10) from the acer website, but even after all that update when I connect my Externar SSD (ASUS ROG STRIX Arion + Crucial P3 SSD PCIe Gen3 2TB) It appears on the screen but don't show the capacity and when I try to open loads like 10 minutes or more but never open or shows "The parameter is incorrect".
I must say that I have tried with my mobile phone and a pendrive on both 2.0USB ports and works perfectly the only issue is with my external SSD but it is work in the USB port on the left that in guess it isn't 2.0.
I'll appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry, the AN517-41 are USB v3.2 superspeed compatible ports. Many older external USB v2 & v3 devices may not be compatible since most are not USB v3.2 certified.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

According the the ASUS site, that external enclosure is USB 3.2, either USB-C or USB-A depending on cable used.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.