acer V5-471 network card issue, please help

Options
sylvio13211
sylvio13211 Member Posts: 2 New User

Can someone help me fix my network card I have an acer V5-471 on windows 8 pro build 9200.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023
    Options

I don't know what OS you are running as this laptop can run either Win-8.1 or Win-10, do a reinstall of the Atheros AR5BWB222 driver as either the driver is corrupted or the card needs replacing (see caption below of replacement cards for your laptop) you can get the driver from this site called "Unofficial Qualcomm Drivers" these are the latest Atheros AR5BWB222 drivers for Win-8 driver Download driverAR5BWB222 / 10.0.0.345 and this is the Win-10 driver Download driverAR5BWB222 / 10.0.3.456.

Error code 10 Wi-Fi adapter means that the network adapter cannot start. Some possible solutions are:

• Disable or enable the device.
    • Power cycle your machine.
    • Uninstall the current driver and then reinstall the driver with the links for drivers above.

If the card dosent work then change the Wi-Fi/BT card with the oem cards that were fitted to the Aspire V5-471 laptop which are these:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

That one is an oldie, just over ten year old now… The WLAN card is a PCIe Compact Half-Mini Card and there are other options in the same form factor. Assuming Steven's suggestions don't get it up, you could try replacing the card, either with the same model or a newer design. The antenna connections are the same in the newer ones and they would potentially support faster speeds than the 802.11n yours supports.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.