Gateway GWTN15611 The frame on my laptop cracked now I can't see my monitor

Options
ColeRow
ColeRow Member Posts: 1 New User

I have model #GWTN15611, the left side of the monitor frame started cracking, then pieces broke off, exposing a black wire and now I have power to the computer but my monitor is black, no image at all. I NEED to get my work files off of this computer but can't see the screen to download anything and cannot afford expensive repair shop to retrieve my files when I have to go buy a whole new computer WAY before I should have to based on the life of other laptops I have had…NONE of them cracked and crumbled like this brand did! This is my first and LAST Gateway product! horrible experience! would NOT recommend this product to anyone

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

That model is only supported through the vendor. They negotiated lower pricing from Acer by offering to provide all support directly. A broken frame is going to be tough to get warranty repair for, since it's so tough to somehow show that the damage was due to physical damage you might have caused. Pulling data off should be easy, you either pull the drive out and connect it to a different computer or just plug an external monitor into this one, but more details are tough to figure out since we have no data on the specs for these models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.