acer predator orion 3000 po3-640 why is my psu make noise like buzz?

Options
Aitan
Aitan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2023 in Predator Desktops

SoI bought the acer predator orion 3000 po3-640 desktop ( i7-12700f and rtx 3060) half year ago and from the begin was a buzz noise from my psu but I ignored it. now I read articles that says it can be dangerous so because of that I wanna ask here if it can be really something dangerous? and how can i solve it? when my computer is off I hear a buzzing noise from psu and when I turn him on under heavy load like games I hear more stranger buzzing.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It's not unusual or dangerous to have a slight buzzing sound from these new power supply designs. It can be anything from a dirty fan to a component…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,519 Trailblazer
    Options

Inverters in PSUs always buzz, some are noisier than others depending on the design and quality.

• al5x__13
    al5x__13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have same pc with the same specs. I had it for 2yrs and runs perfectly fine. From my research the psu of this pc is a new type of psu(hard to find in the market) and its more efficient and acer probably just wanted to save some money, so i think its totaly normal for this pc and u just got to ignore the buzzing or tic tic (when the pc its off*) noise.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The design wasn't to lower costs really, since the same functionality needed to be in the motherboard instead of in the PSU. It was in response to Intel's design standards, you can't get some of the branding without using the new technology, and it is more efficient.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.