Aspire TC-1760 Desktop wont load windows

DESKTOP_MCR2022
DESKTOP_MCR2022 Member Posts: 4 New User

I left my Aspire TC-1760 Desktop on, whilst I went out. Came home and the PC was off.

So rebooted and came it up with issues wouldn't load to windows. A few times of rebooting came up with the blue screen to go through error process. Tried all previous restores, said it was unsuccessful. Tried uninstall firmware updates exactly the same unsuccessful.

So thought the HDD maybe corrupted, so took the sata HDD out and tried it on a laptop via docking station seemed ok, everything was there. Looked at the spec and said there was an SSD drive in there, have opened the desktop and cant seem to see one ??

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/aspire-classic-desktops/aspire-tc/pdp/DT.BHUEK.00P

Have rebooted the PC without the sata hard drive connected, still get to the blue screen so it must be there unless loaded onto the motherboard. My emails were being downloaded to the other hard drive, so need the PST file more than anything.

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

1 Disconnect everything from the USB's including keyboard and mouse.

2 UNPUG. Hold the ON button for 30 seconds or more then plug in an reboot.

3 If not try swapping your ram modules to bare minimum.

Any beeps ??

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

What was installed originally depends on your specific SKU. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like TC-1760-xxxx. Some come with SSD only, some with HDD only, some with both HDD and SSD. The SSD, if present, should be at the back of the motherboard, #9 here:

Your boot drive might be failing or it might just be corrupted…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DESKTOP_MCR2022

Disconnected all USBs. Held the power button for 30 seconds. Plugged all back in and heard a noise not heard before but a different beep than normal about 11 times or so, after I pressed the power button. PC then booted up and it beeped twice then the below screen was shown.

Hopefully with it beeping is a good sign 🤞

• Larryodie

Yeah. looks as if that you're OK. :)

What happens if you press F1.

Note that defaults have been loaded so if you had any changes in the bios, you will have to change them.

Also your clock/date will need adjusting.

• billsey

#14 on my image is the CMOS battery. It's just a CR2032 IIRC and cheap to replace. I'd suggest you replace it, then enter the BIOS and do an F9 reset then F10 save and exit. It should be good for a few more years then.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DESKTOP_MCR2022

Only got the computer in November so hoping its not the battery, will change it anyway. See what happens, thanks

• Larryodie

You can run OK with a bad battery but your clock will not run with the power unplugged.

• Larryodie

I might note that your changes to Bios will not be save so it's best to replace the battery at once.

Probably that why your computer got messed up if you had a power interruption while you were out.

• billsey

Yeah, your model is new enough that the battery shouldn't have failed yet, but child failures have been known to happen with any product.

• DESKTOP_MCR2022
    edited July 2023

Ive replaced the battery. So thought be best as mentioned above to press power button for 30 seconds release, then plug everything back in. Got to page above as before pressed F1 and eventually got back to the blue screen.

Been back to the bios screen too and reset to default. Still cant get it to load.

Ive left the sata HDD off, as sure the other was the default loading. Will plug that in just incase, but that was my D drive not the C. So doubt will make a difference

What do I have to do next to get windows to start up?

• Larryodie

I really think that your windows is corrupt. So try a start up repair.

When booting, try holding ALT and tapping F10 key. This should get you into a screen that says TROUBLESHOOT then Start Up Repair.

You can do a factory default or reset (saving your data, as an option or not.

Or go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

• Larryodie

I reread: Are you saying that you still have the battery message ??

Do you have a meter to check them ? Also polarity is a factor when replacing.

• Larryodie

Also possibly an app/program is the culprit, have you looked at a history of where it crashed ?

• billsey

Base current on an i7-12700 is 65W, turbo mode isn't supported on the TC-1760. XMP is also not supported, hence the 2133MHz speed for the memory, vs. the 3200MHz of stock memory.

• billsey
    edited July 2023

No, putting XMP memory in, as he likely did increasing the 8GB of stock memory with 16GB of the XMP memory, just drops the memory speed to the lower of the stock memory or the base speed of the XMP. Hence the 2133MHz speed shown. It shouldn't affect booting at all. In all other instances I've heard of where a user put in XMP they just saw the slower speed, not other issues. CMOS checksum errors also shouldn't be related to memory speed, if memory were a problem we'd normally see a memory failure in POST, so a long beeeeep. Likely the issue is either in the CMOS battery or the CMOS circuit itself. It's very possible he zapped the CMOS when putting the memory in, CMOS circuits are fairly notorious for being susceptible to static.