SF114-34-P2ZY doesn’t turn on it’s stuck in some kind of cyclic reboot.

Options
AlexDoob
AlexDoob Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2023 in Switch Series

Hi everyone! Maybe, someone can help, faced such issue with my Acer Switch1: laptop was accidentally shut off via power button during the update, and now it won’t turn on. It looks like it’s stuck in some kind of cyclic reboot. Keyboard starts glowing and than turns off while the display stays absolutely black. Already tried battery reset button (even with waiting 30 minutes after holding it), also tried to remove the cover and unplug the battery and ssd, but the problem persists. Is there anything else I can try to make it alive?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail and model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Do you see the Acer splash screen when trying to turn it on, or does everything stay black? If you see the splash screen then we know it can get into POST and can work toward diagnosing things, if it doesn't show the screen then the startup code in the BIOS is corrupt and it's much harder to fix, sometimes needing a trip to a repair depot to reflash the chip.

To go any farther we are going to need to know which Switch 1 model you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SW1xx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlexDoob
    AlexDoob Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Nope, unfortunately display stays absolutely black, doesn’t even glow

SF114-34-P2ZY

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,873 Trailblazer
    Options

You corrupted the bootloader by aborting a major Windows update. The best thing is to bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults for a small service fee ($25 in the Philippines). Alternatively boot with a Windows Recovery USB flash drive and try to get out of the Repair Loop, repair the Bootloader with the Command Prompt, or as the commentor above wrote , you can try to reboot to the Acer logo and press Alt+10 and see if that will get you to the Troubleshoot screen to stop the Repair loop, but if the Bootloader has been corrupted or is missing that may not work.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Ah, so Swift 1 not Switch 1, they are very different. :) Likely the issue is as Puraw says then, it will need to go to a service center to get the CMOS reflashed. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.