Left side hinge is breaking fast and easily.

Options
Sanela_HH1906
Sanela_HH1906 Member Posts: 1 New User

It seems as that Acer knows bout the "left side hinge" is breaking fast and easily. I have hade this laptop for 15 months, and you guessed it right, the hinge is "out of balance" that cause the clicking sound and frame cover on the screen movement. I did not drop the laptop or hit it against the wall, laptop is in great condition, BUT the hinge became wobbly - right after the one year warranty expired. I would like to know if Acer is willing to do the right thing and fix this for me?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! You have to contact your country's technical support. Here in Brazil, there have already been reports that technical support repaired laptops outside the warranty period. But it is necessary for technical support to assess the situation. About the problem with the hinges, unfortunately it is a problem that is occurring with all manufacturers. Back in the day, laptops had a more rugged construction. My suggestion is to always raise and lower the display in the middle. This procedure avoids stress on the hinges. Also, when the hinges start to get hard, the ideal is to disassemble the computer and loosen the hinges, to avoid a possible breakage of the case.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

You will have to talk with Acer support in your country to see if they will do anything for you. The hinge itself is likely not the issue, instead what is happening is the screws holding the hinge in are pulling loose. This is due to the thin design of the cases, there just isn't enough depth to give good enough holding power when you open the laptop with any side torque. Always open slowly and from the center of your screen to minimize the effect. The fix, assuming Acer won't fix it for you, is to rebuild the screw mounts with epoxy.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.