Acer Predator XB273U Black screen/No OSD options

Options
Z3l337
Z3l337 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

My Predator monitor is only showing a black screen. Yesterday i turned off auto-source as it was not detecting my HDMI cable. I have 1xDP and 1xHDMI connected to 2 different devices. I turned off auto sourcing and everything was working fine. I turned to power off and today when I went to turn it on it only shows a black screen. I can see the blue led turn on but I cannot access OSD controls etc. I have tried switching to other DP cables, taking them off and of and trying it on my laptop and it doesnt work. Any way to hard reset the monitor or is it broken for good? When I press the OSD buttons it seems to work in the background but I have no idea if the inputs are registering.

Best Answer

• bestwaybb
    bestwaybb Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Power Saving Settings:

One possible cause of your Acer monitor going black is power-saving settings. Check your computer's power settings and ensure that the monitor's sleep or power-saving mode is disabled or set to a longer duration. Adjusting these settings may prevent the monitor from going into standby mode too quickly.

Loose or Faulty Cables:

Loose or faulty cables can result in intermittent connections and cause the monitor to go black. Make sure all cables, including the power cable, VGA, DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cables, are securely plugged into both the monitor and the computer. Consider replacing any cables that show signs of damage.

Faulty Graphics Card or Drivers:

An issue with your computer's graphics card or its drivers can also lead to a black screen on the monitor. Ensure that your graphics card is properly seated in the motherboard and that its drivers are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website or use automatic driver update software to install the latest drivers.

Overheating:

Excessive heat can cause monitors to shut off to prevent damage. Ensure that your monitor's ventilation is unobstructed and free from dust. Additionally, check that the fans in your computer are working correctly and that the system is adequately cooled.

Display Settings:

Incorrect display settings can cause the monitor to go black or display no signal. Right-click on your desktop, select "Display settings," and verify that the resolution and refresh rate are correctly set for your monitor's capabilities. Adjusting these settings to match the recommended values can resolve display issues.

Hardware Issues:

In some cases, hardware problems with the monitor itself may be causing the black screen. If you have exhausted all other troubleshooting steps, consider contacting Acer customer support or a professional technician to diagnose and repair any potential hardware issues.

Source

Acer Predator XB273U: Fixing Black Screen and No OSD Options

Answers

• bestwaybb
    bestwaybb Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Power Saving Settings:

One possible cause of your Acer monitor going black is power-saving settings. Check your computer's power settings and ensure that the monitor's sleep or power-saving mode is disabled or set to a longer duration. Adjusting these settings may prevent the monitor from going into standby mode too quickly.

Loose or Faulty Cables:

Loose or faulty cables can result in intermittent connections and cause the monitor to go black. Make sure all cables, including the power cable, VGA, DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cables, are securely plugged into both the monitor and the computer. Consider replacing any cables that show signs of damage.

Faulty Graphics Card or Drivers:

An issue with your computer's graphics card or its drivers can also lead to a black screen on the monitor. Ensure that your graphics card is properly seated in the motherboard and that its drivers are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website or use automatic driver update software to install the latest drivers.

Overheating:

Excessive heat can cause monitors to shut off to prevent damage. Ensure that your monitor's ventilation is unobstructed and free from dust. Additionally, check that the fans in your computer are working correctly and that the system is adequately cooled.

Display Settings:

Incorrect display settings can cause the monitor to go black or display no signal. Right-click on your desktop, select "Display settings," and verify that the resolution and refresh rate are correctly set for your monitor's capabilities. Adjusting these settings to match the recommended values can resolve display issues.

Hardware Issues:

In some cases, hardware problems with the monitor itself may be causing the black screen. If you have exhausted all other troubleshooting steps, consider contacting Acer customer support or a professional technician to diagnose and repair any potential hardware issues.

Source

Acer Predator XB273U: Fixing Black Screen and No OSD Options