Can the failed LEDs on the half the screen be repaired?

Options
Mosesorion
Mosesorion Member Posts: 3 New User

recently I’ve noticed that the LED on the left half of my 48 inch monitor (EB490QK) is not lighting up and remains dark and when switched on still shows a full picture but is dim compared to the right side.

Troubleshoots I’ve already tried: removing all cables and holding down the power button for 30-60seconds

if this can be repaired what parts do I need?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,726 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello! If your monitor is not under warranty, try swapping these two cables to see if the problem is with the cable. Check if the black screen issue changes positions as well:

Beware of the high voltages coming from the power board! If it's under warranty, let the technicians fix it.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mosesorion
    Options

thank you for your response. I purchased in 2018 so my warranty is well up.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Then check those cables. But disassembling a monitor is not as easy as disassembling a computer.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mosesorion
    Options

yes it looks to be abit of a pain in the a**. I’ll email some local technicians to see what they can do and what prices. Slightly annoying having paid £700 for a monitor that has a shelf life of 5years.