how do I fix a white screen with no mouse s there a way to fix this or is my XB271H simply broken?

Options
Antwaun
Antwaun Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited July 2023 in Predator Monitors

I came back home from break to find my monitor on and with a white screen. I tried unplugging and shutting it off but that doesn’t seem to work. This issue have only to my knowledge happening today. Is there a way to fix this or is my monitor simply broken?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail and model name]

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Antwaun

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• Antwaun

Tinkerer

edited July 2023
    Options

here’s the serial and others

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• Antwaun

Tinkerer

edited July 2023
    Options

acer Lco Monior液福價示高/液品量示路
    Model No,
    XB271H
    Version
    <8271H Abmiprax LED Backlight
    Power Rating
    100-240V - 50/60H2 1.5A(1,5A)
    Part Number
    UM HX1AA. A02
    Mig Date
    November 2017
    Serial Number
    MMTSWAA003XXXX

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• William_mk2
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Antwaun

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does the same problem occur when connecting the monitor to another computer?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Antwaun

Tinkerer

Options

no it’s just my monitor, the computer is fine it’s just my monitor. This has never happened

• Antwaun

Tinkerer

Options

I did what you said didn’t work, as for getting another cable I would have to go buy one. Can connecter cable randomly go bad?

Also the buttons for my monitor won’t work the the only thing that works is on the on button

• William_mk2
    Options

@Antwaun

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★