Predator XB273U GS Image Burn when I open discord, some images - not all

Options
tootiredtocare
tootiredtocare Member Posts: 5 New User
edited July 2023 in Predator Monitors

As far as I can tell I seem to be the only one having this issue with this model. I have had this monitor for about 2 or 3 years and has had this issue essentially since I bought it but never got around to getting it replaced when I had the warranty.

I seem to be getting a pretty drastic image burn when I open discord, some images - not all.. Not sure what makes some images different than others to cause the image burn. While its getting "burned" it gets compounding-ly worst the longer I let it happen. I cannot even play some games as it just happens almost instantly making it hard to see anything as you move around the move.

I looked the monitor up using the SNID and didn't see any firmware updates. Anyone know of any fixes?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options

What's the PC's BIOS menu look like?

Jack E/NJ

• tootiredtocare
    Options

The Bios pulls up my second monitor and not the monitor that has the issue just due to where they're plugged in at

• JackE
    Options

Can you switch the output from the PC's integrated GPU to the Acer?

Jack E/NJ

• tootiredtocare
    Options

Had to swap the cable over

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Since the artifacts don't show in the BIOS we know it's not a hardware issue with the monitor… That points more toward drivers or an app.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

Nothing wrong with the monitor. Download, unzip and update Device Manager monitor driver & install 2 apps at this link if you haven't done so already.

Jack E/NJ

• tootiredtocare
    Options

Thanks. I will give it a shot when I get home from work.

• tootiredtocare
    Options

I just installed the drivers, only time will tell if that was a real fix or not since it didn't happen all the time.
    Also, TBH this is the first time I have ever been told / thought about needing to even install monitor drivers - learn something new all the time. Just use to monitors being PnP..

• JackE
    Options

Just use to monitors being PnP..

Ah, yes. PnP. The good ole days. Microsoft even had stickers for Windows compatible PnP stuff. I remember them well. No special drivers needed anymore. Just plug them in. And they work. What convenience, eh!!! I guess you have fond memories of the good ole days too. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

PnP is great for things like aspect ratio, resolution and frequency. Not so much for color and light levels…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.