Help with broken display screen, glitchy pixelated screen

Options
Sophmay34
Sophmay34 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi wondering if anyone can help me with what’s the problem with my screen, ASUS themselves are very hard to contact and not much help.

I’ve got an OLED ASUS - VivoBook K553 15.6" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i5, 512 GB SSD, bought beginning of 2022. 6 months in the screen was apparently damaged wouldn’t turn on, I sent it to asus & a long 4/5 months & £400 later screen gets replaced.

Now I was using my laptop and all of a sudden it started flashing on one side then went purple/rainbow (see below.. don’t judge the my bad wordle guesses)

I googled something about the graphics display needed updating? Laptop said it was all up to date, it resolved itself. So I updated windows and turned it off.

Couple days later my laptop turns on to this..

Any help on what’s the problem please and any way to fix it ?? Because I’m about to just throw it away.. it’s still a new laptop and I’ve taken a lot of care to not break it, I still don’t know how the screen was broke the first time as it was in a soft padded case.

Sorry long story any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Sophmay34 you have confused the community, this is the Acer community, you can direct you to:

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/vivobook/bd-p/VB_EN

Thank you.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, you have an ASUS laptop, not an ACER laptop. You have posted to an ACER forum, not an ASUS forum.

Your LCD screen cable probably either needs to be reseated at the mainboard and base of screen to help clean the connector contacts, or the cable itself needs to be replaced from wear and tear on the cable in the hinge area from opening and closing the screen lid too much.

Jack E/NJ