Predator Helios 300 when I load a game my whole laptop turns off pls help

Markieeemark
Markieeemark Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2023 in Predator Laptops

hi can someone help me figure out the problem? My laptop runs perfectly fine but when I load a game my whole laptop turns off pls help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,872 Trailblazer

Hi @Markieeemark can you please indicate the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows installed?
    Could it be a temperature problem, how do you have the control panel's power mode configured?
    What game is it about?

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Markieeemark

@Alejandro_AC I have an Acer predator helios 300 and it’s on windows 10, I don’t belive it’s over heating it’s not making no funny noises jsut shuts off when I try to load any game for instance pub g

• Alejandro_AC

Look on the bottom sticker of the equipment, it should look similar to:
    PH315-54
    I would like to see the characteristics, there is no apparent reason for this to occur with PUBG, does it occur with other games?
    Have you made changes to the processor speed?

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • Markieeemark
    edited July 2023

@Alejandro_AC

No game will work at all soon as I open a game it turns my laptop off

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,321 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023

Your Predator G3-571 laptop is a 5 years old 7th Gen CPU laptop and these power issuers could be from many sources including age and worn-out components. The first thing that you should do is to do a Hard Reset by taking the back base coves off and disconnecting and taking the main battery out, then disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery out and shorten the BIOS board plugs +&- pins to reset the CMOS and then take the ram modules(s) out, leave your laptop like that for about 1 hour and then reconnect all components back again but if you have 2x ram modules only use 1x module and swap them as this problem could be caused by a faulty ram module also. All this resets all the major chips like the super IO, Chipset and BIOS chips to their default settings which can be a problem with older laptops (or they might even need changing) then see if the laptop still has the fault of switching off when playing games happens?

If the fault is still there, then you might have a battery that needs changing or your charger/adaptor is not outputting the proper voltage and/or charging the battery for your laptop to work properly and it needs replacing.

If these problems are not evident then it’s a laptop internal issue within its charging and power circuitries that need analyzing or one of those major components I've mentioned above, so either take your laptop to an Acer technician in your area or an experienced technician that can do this type of a fix.

These are the Acer SG part numbers for the components that you need to check:

AC Adaptor specs

• Alejandro_AC

In this case, it is related to a consumption problem, as the colleague told you, he may have a problem with the power circuit (battery and/or charger), does the problem occur if you use the current charger?

Thank you.
    All the best.