acer nitro 5 515-54 sytem temperature problem Does anyone know how to fix

Options
julvin040407
julvin040407 Member Posts: 2 New User

i upgraded my laptop by adding ssd and ram. after that my laptop started to make noise even though the cpu and gpu temperatures were normal and when i checked using the predator sanse system my temperature reached 60 celsius. I've added hitsink to SDD and RAM but the results are only slightly reduced. Does anyone know how to fix

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hey julvin040407 the above captions that you have are of the Predator Sense which does not work in a Nitro laptop, you should be using Nitro Sense in a Nitro AN515-54 laptop. Which laptop do you have is it the Predator Helios PH515-54 or the Nitro AN515-54? As your laptops fans should not be spinning faster after you have upgraded the ram and the M.2 SSD drive.

• julvin040407
    julvin040407 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @StevenGen  but the fan keeps spinning fast when there is no activity, when I play games for 30 minutes the fan can reach 5900 rpm.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

If you somehow managed to get Predator Sense installed, it is very likely not giving you real numbers, since it's not designed for your system. Use a different app to measure temperatures, I use Core Temp, but there are a lot of them that will work well. Did you disconnect anything when it was open other than the memory slot and the SSD slot? It sounds like you might have either got the fan in crooked or loosened to the heat pipe. 60C is a normal gaming temperature but the fan is controlled based on temperature, so a fast fan running to hold the normal temperature is showing that something isn't optimal.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.