Recent firmware upgrade made the Acer X32FP stellar with a catch.

sblantipodi
sblantipodi Member Posts: 46 Die Hard WiFi Icon

As title.
With the latest firmware upgrade most of the issues with the monitor are solved.

I think that the X32FP is a stellar all rounder for people that works and play games on the monitor.

The only issue I find in the monitor currently is that it's a bit cumbersome to switch from HDR to SDR because you need to manually switch between adaptive dimming ON and OFF every time you switch between SDR and HDR.

Apart this, if you are interested in the monitor it's the moment to try it.

Hope that Acer will solve the adapting dimming problem that is a global setting instead of beeing relative to the SDR or HDR mode.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,292 Trailblazer

Hi @sblantipodi thanks for your feedback, I think you can report this type of issue to Acer by sending the full bug description to:

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/13285-report-a-vulnerability

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • sblantipodi

hi @Alejandro_AC how this can be considered a vulerability? O_o

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,292 Trailblazer

I understand, I am only offering you a place to communicate problems or concerns to Acer since support does not intervene in the community, your comment will always be welcome.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • sblantipodi

don't you think that people behind that URL will see that is not a vulerability report and will simply discard my feedback?

do you really think that there are some good employees behind that URL that will redirect the feedback to the appropriate channel? :)

I don't think so

• ZlotZ
    ZlotZ Member Posts: 3 New User

Were you referring to firmware version v2.00.015? Cause I have that one and I don't have that issue… I leave adaptive dimming off and when switching from HDR to SDR and vice-versa, it remains off.

However I have other issues, I'd like to know if other people have them too on this firmware.

When switching from HDR to SDR, the color space gets set to "Standard" even though I had previously set it to "sRGB". I have to change it back to "sRGB" manually every time.

And when I change the color space to "sRGB", the Brightness gets set to 30. I have to go and set it to 100 every time.

Another issue: when using HDR, if I set the brightness to 100, I notice it getting dimmer over time. If I go to the menu and lower the brightness to 96, I notice a huge increase in brightness. Leaving it at 96 doesn't give me the dimming, so I have to leave it at that, 97-100 will dim over time.