Auto HDR doesn't work properly on this monitor and is the same as the Acer XV275K P3 monitor.

Options
rickwut123
rickwut123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2023 in Monitors

This is in regards to the 'Acer XV275K P3' monitor. Auto HDR doesn't work properly on this monitor and is the same as the 'Acer x32FP' monitor (which the latest firmware update addressed).
Also, "Adaptive Dimming" needs to be separated for HDR and SDR usage. It is currently a global setting which is unacceptable. Using dark mode in windows/apps will cause white text on a dark background to dim SIGNIFICANTLY. I keep adaptive dimming OFF for regular desktop usage due to this.

Currently, if I want to enable HDR, I would need to put both windows and the monitor into HDR mode manually and then turn on adaptive dimming. After I'm done, I would need to turn it all off manually again!

I understand that this monitor is new but it shares the same problems as the 'Acer x32FP' monitor (which the latest firmware updates have addressed).
HOWEVER, adaptive dimming not being a separate setting for HDR and SDR is still a concern that has not been addressed on the 'Acer x32FP' monitor.
There are currently no firmware updates out for this 'Acer XV275K P3' monitor. I hope to see the same fixes that the 'Acer x32FP' received come out for this monitor too.
I also hope to see the adaptive dimming setting issue addressed. It was not yet addressed on the 'Acer x32FP' which concerns me on whether or not it will be addressed on THIS monitor.

I tried sending what I posted above to the Acer support live chat and was immediately told to turn off and unplug the monitor before turning it back on again. I wanted to punch the guy through time and space. TERRIBLE support.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

I tried sending what I posted above to the Acer support live chat

Sorry, while it might help to vent here, posting on this users forum probably won't get a meaningful response either. We're not Acer employees or contractors who have any influence whatsoever on firmware tweaks and updates. Unlikely the support folks have any influence either. You might get a response by trying to rattle somebody's cage at this Acer corporate level link on something like this. Otherwise, you have to keep checking the Acer software & firmware downloads pages like the rest of us users for possible updates that address annoyances like this.

Jack E/NJ