Acer aspire v3 471 unable to install windows 11 because of the BIOS.

Options
Goat7
Goat7 Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to install windows 11 because of the bios of the Acer aspire v3 471, it does not want me or does not let the USB boot appear

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,893 Trailblazer
    Options

is your BIOS set as UEFI?
    Reset Bios: In Bios press F9 and then ENTER to load the default configuration. Press F10 to save your changes and restart the system. Select Yes and press ENTER to confirm.
    Make sure that the USB flash drive is compatible with your USB port (USB3.1 not in USB2.0)

How to create a UEFI compatible, bootable Windows 11 USB drive and Clean install W11:
    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clean-install-windows-11.99/

Note: If you made the USB drive on another PC make sure it is the same Windows version as the target PC.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

It doesn't really matter whether your BIOS is set to UEFI or not, the Aspire V3-471 models have a 3rd gen chipset and Windows 11 requires at least 8th gen. You are much too old to run Windows 11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BagOBolts
    BagOBolts Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited July 2023
    Options

You can install windows 11 if you use the Rufus USB tool, it will automatically bypass the restrictions put in place to stop W11 on unsupported machines. I have successfully installed Windows 11 on gen 3 and gen 2 laptops one with UEFI and bios only on the older one. T

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

That is not supported by either Acer or Microsoft, so we can't give you any information.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.