upgrade WIFI card aspire e15 Wireless Network Adapter for a newer one.

TessaMary
TessaMary Member Posts: 68 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

hi there, i was wondering if it is possible and usefull to change the Atheros/Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter for a newer one. That is wifi 6. And which one should that be?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,186 Pathfinder

@TessaMary

Wifi card is part of your mother board. It is a internal component inside your laptop. However you can still purchase the external usb wifi adapter and use. it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder

@TessaMary you can upgrade from QCA9377 to an AX200 wifi card. If the Bluetooth is not working after installation, check this post for resolving the issue

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • TessaMary
    TessaMary Member Posts: 68 Die Hard WiFi Icon

@ AnhEZ28 will it make a big difference in speed? Or is the cpu still to weak to get up to speed for nowadays use ?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,513 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023

What is the exact Aspire E15 laptop model number that you have. The new Wi-Fi 6 cards will not fit into your laptops Wi-Fi cards slot as the Atheros/Qualcomm QCA9377 is different to the new Wi-Fi 6 160Hz cards like the Intel AX200 card that are Board Form Factor of M.2 2230, M.2 1216 and System Interface Type of Wi-Fi (PCIe), BT(USB) which is totally different to what type of Wi-Fi/BT card the Aspire E15 laptop has.

Best is for you to go and update the existing AtherosQCA9377 to the latest Wi-Fi/BT drivers for Win-10 from this site Atheros/Qualcomm QCA9377 here , its the win10-12.0.0.1016-whql.zip and its from 2020-12-21

Atheros/Qualcomm QCA9377

Intel AX200 WiFi 6 card 

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder

@TessaMary it would depend on your router. The old wifi card has a dual-band WIFI so it should be fine. Check your router to see if it has a 5GHz band.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!