Installing Kali Linux Dual Boot on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54

Options
younglion
younglion Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to install Kali Linux dual boot alongside my Windows 11 on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54.
I have partitioned the disk and created approximately 70GB of free memory.

During the installation of Kali Linux however, I am unable to see the option "Guided - use largest continuous free space" when choosing a disk partitioning.
Almost like it doesn't recognize the partition I have made.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Partition style is GPT.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That is likely correct. You don't want a partition already created, you want unallocated space to allow Kali to create it's own partitions. It will make more than one…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • younglion
    younglion Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sorry I misphrased that. I meant that I created an unallocated space, however, during Kali installation it won't recognize this and give me the option "Guided - use largest continuous free space"

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

in the installer, if you select the custom option does it let you set up the partitioning yourself?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, the next thing to look at is in the BIOS. on the Main tab is the SATA mode set to AHCI or one of the RST modes? Most Linux distributions don't natively support Intel's Rapid Storage Technology, so you have to convert to AHCI. Note that it might break your current Windows install if the iRST is set to one of the RAID modes.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.