XB271HU no display with PS5 I have searched online and still no dice.

Options
mizuhiro
mizuhiro Member Posts: 9 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Monitors

Hi. My XB271HU has no display with PS5. I have tried all that I have searched online and still no dice. Has anyone experienced this and has found a solution? This is busting my nuts and looking to sell and pass on acer at this point.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options

The PlayStation must output one of the following resolutions the monitor is capable of using after setting.

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am not able to select 1440p when setting it up on my tv. Also, should it be performance or resolution mode?

• mizuhiro
    Options

Note that I have also tried changing different settings while on PS5 safe mode.

• JackE
    Options

I am not able to select 1440p when setting it up on my tv.

So change the monitor default input from 1440p to 1080p or 720p whichever the TV uses. You can do this using the on screen display OSD menu. Look in your user manual for instructions.

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    Options

I could not find anywhere on the OSD menu to change the default input. I have also checked the manual https://www.manua.ls/acer/predator-xb271hu/

• JackE
    Options

You should use the manual from the official Acer webpage. Go to this Acer link and download the official Acer manual. Go to page 19 and follow directions to make sure the PS5 input resolution is recognized and displayed. If not, then you have not selected the proper input from directions on page 17 or the cable connection is bad.

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    Options

I followed the instructions and it is still showing no connections. Nowhere in that manual says how to adjust the hdmi resolution for the monitor. Even when I use a laptop and change windows resolution to 1080, the monitor input still shows 1440.

I have used 3 hdmi cables all of them works when on the laptop, pc or ps5-tv.

This is hopeless now.

• JackE
    Options

the monitor input still shows 1440

Yes because that's the default unless it detects a different signal resolution.

1. Does the monitor display "no signal" message when it's turned on and HDMI connection to the PC?
    2. Did you check to make sure the monitor is set for the proper HDMI input and not DP?
    3. Did you purchase this as a new, used or refurbished monitor?

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    Options
    1. Yes. No signal.
    2. It is on HDMI
    3. New

• JackE
    Options

Does the monitor work OK from the HDMI port of the PC you're using right now?

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    Options

Yes with PC and with a laptop.

• JackE
    Options

I have used 3 hdmi cables all of them works when on the laptop, pc or ps5-tv.

Yes with PC and with a laptop.

Please state brand and model numbers of the 3 HDMI cables you have tried.

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    Options

The HDMI cable that came with the PS5 and Anker, link below. https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Support-Dynamic-Compatible-PlayStation/dp/B08MZYQ43S/

• JackE
    Options

Both should work fine. Try this. With both the PS5 & monitor off, turn on the monitor first. Wait about a minute. Then turn on the PS5.

Jack E/NJ

• mizuhiro
    Options

Thank you for the assistance but still nothing worked. I have decided to purchase a samsung odyssey and sell the acer predator instead. Again thank you for the patience and help.

• JackE
    Options

Sorry. But before doing that, you might want to post the issue on the PS5 forums if you haven't done so already. It's as if one or more of the HDMI cable or cable connector pins needed for the monitor to detect a signal coming from the PS5 HDMI port (as opposed to a PC HDMI port) is not working. If you get any comments from the P5 forums, please let us know what they are. Thanks.

Jack E/NJ