Predator helios 300 315-55 Xbox game pass, 3 month subscription that came with the laptop disappear

Options
3BX
3BX Member Posts: 85 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited July 2023 in Windows 11

my laptop come with Xbox game pass (acer predator helios 300 315-55 windows 11), but after a while of time the 3 month subscribition that came with the laptop disappear.
it was in microsoft store. now i cant find it anymore in microsoft store (its not expired), when i reinstalled windows with windows setup it tells me if u want to use it now or later,
i choosed later, when i open microsoft store i cant find it

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry, the hidden factory partition has apparently been overwritten by all the previous non-Acer installations. Unless you backed up the factory system image on a USB as recommended in the QuickStart or User guide when you first acquired the machine, the offer is unrecoverable.

In this case, you must purchase the the original factory installed Windows version installation USB based on your machine's serial number id (SNID) for about $50usd the Acer US or Canadian on line store if available. Otherwise, go to this link, choose your country, click support button and use one of the contact methods provided to ask if a factory USB recovery installation is available.

Also keep in mind that if the offer was somehow previously activated for this machine, it cannot be re-activated even with a factory re-installation of the original Acer software package.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

after a while of time the 3 month subscribition that came with the laptop disappear.

How long did you wait to use it?

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

when i reinstalled windows with windows setup

What do you mean by re-install with Windows setup? Did you use the ALT+F10 factory reset method or the AcerCareCenter factory reset method? Those are the only ways to re-install the original factory-installed Windows software bundle from the hidden reset partition on the boot drive.

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options

i lost the original copy of acer windows and i just got it back and installed it from flash drive

• JackE
    Options

That's why the Xbox game pass is missing. You installed the generic version of Windows, not the original Acer version with the game pass. The original Acer copy is on a hidden reset partition on your boot drive. If your flash drive generic installation hasn't corrupted it, you can access the original copy through the AcerCareCenter or the ALT+F10 cold boot method. Is the AcerCareCenter app still installed? If not, go to this link, enter your full model number (for example PH315-57) and download install the AcerCareCenter app.

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options

before it was not the original and still can see xbox gamepass , now i got the original windows for acer (my laptop model ) and i cant see it

• 3BX
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

before it was not the original and still can see xbox gamepass

Hold on! What do you mean by "it was not the original" Windows but you could still see gamepass? The Acer factory reset partition was probably overwritten when you recovered the non-Acer Windows. When you did that, it will erase everything that was in the original Acer bundle, including gamepass unless the AcerCareCenter was used. Did you use the AcerCareCenter, not Windows setup in recovering the non-Acer Windows?

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options

i got a problem with my laptop so i reinstalled windows from microsoft (not windows for acer but windows from microsoft), now i got acer windows and reinstalled it , so now i am using acer official windows (not from microsoft its from acer windows that have all acer drivers and apps )

• JackE
    Options

Sorry I don't think so.. I think the AcerCareCenter simply re-installed the non-Acer Windows which overwrote the original hidden factory version. To check this press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc' Please post a screenshot of the result. Unless there are two recovery partitions, then the original Acer recovery version was probably overwritten by the non-Acer recovery version.

Also click the Windows start menu. Scroll down the list of programs and apps. Do you see any references to Xbox games near the bottom of the list?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

IIRC from one of you other threads, the version of Windows you installed was from the recovery partition on someone else's drive. The Game Pass would have been their version, not yours. You will have to purchase a new license from Microsoft for your machine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 3BX
    Options
  • 3BX
    Options

but while installing the windows from recovery it told me if i want to clam free xbox game pass or later, i picked later

• JackE
    Options

but while installing the windows from recovery it told me if i want to clam free xbox game pass or later, i picked later

Due to the other questionable installations you've already done, I suggest that you re-install it again exactly the same way and claim it right now —- not later —- before you lose it altogether.

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options

sadly there will be data losses i dont have enough space to transfer data , so if there is another way it will be better

• JackE
    Options

but while installing the windows from recovery it told me if i want to clam free xbox game pass or later, i picked later»sadly there will be data losses

Wait! When was the last time you actually did an AcerCareCenter or ALT+F10 recovery like this?

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options

i did it 3 days ago
    and i did recovery with flash memory

• JackE
    Options

i did it 3 days ago and i did recovery with flash memory

Sorry. an AcerCareCenter and ALT+F10 recovery cannot be done from flash memory. Because this type of Acer recovery is tied your laptop motherboard serial number id (SNID). And only your laptop motherboard SNID. Nothing made from another motherboard SNID will work. Even from an identical model. Each laptop has it's own unique serial number that no other laptop can have.

Jack E/NJ

• 3BX
    Options

i used recovery drive to do it , its built in windows 11. and i used microsoft windows 11 and 10 and i can see my xbox game pass there , but in this one i cant see it

• JackE
    Options

i used recovery drive to do it , its built in windows 11.

Sorry, we went through this earlier. As mentioned before, this type of recovery is NOT the same as an AcerCareCenter or an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset

Since you seem reluctant to try a factory reset, I suggest that you go to this link. , click on the Xbox chat box, and try to explain your situation to the Xbox representative and see if your unused game pass can be re-instated.

Jack E/NJ