Acer Nitro AN515-54 Installing an Intel driver on your OEM system

Options
alessandropier
alessandropier Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Acer Software

Hello everyone, I have a Acer Nitro AN515-54 and I've recently been experiencing some weird "lags" during my everyday activities. These "lag" episodes are very short, sometimes even just milliseconds but they're really annoying.

After a driver scan I updated every single driver except for one which is the Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows* that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is trying to make me update. Anyway it tells me the following sentence:

If a newer graphics driver is available from Acer, we recommend that you install that driver instead. To learn more about installing an Intel driver on your OEM system, refer to this article.

Anyway I don't really know what to do. I don't know if I have to update the driver because I don't really know if this may cause some problems to the system itself. I have no idea how to get in touch with "Acer" as it stated so I hope I can find some explanations here.

Thank you in advance for you help and have a nice day.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer âś“
    Options

I use the Intel and NVIDIA drivers on my Nitro without issues, so go ahead and use them yourself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Acer optimizes these drivers. Intel just releases a generic driver. Installing a generic driver will not damage the system. You can install the driver provided by Intel and also by Nvidia.

Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alessandropier
    alessandropier Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Okay, thank you so much! What do you think would be better for my case? Is it pretty much the same thing if I update my drivers using Nvidia or using Intel website?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer âś“
    Options

I use the Intel and NVIDIA drivers on my Nitro without issues, so go ahead and use them yourself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.