TPM Modul for M290 = TPM-DB06 I like to upgrade

TechnikLSK
TechnikLSK Member Posts: 2 New User

hi,

I like to upgrade our VERITON M290 with the TPM Module.

There is a 20-Pin socket on the mainboard H61H2-AM V1.1

Is the right module the "TPM-DB06" ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

I am not sure why you would want to put a TPM module in. The rest of the system doesn't support Windows 11 so having TPM support doesn't really gain you anything useful. Acer never shipped a TPM module for that motherboard and doesn't provide specs on the header pinout, so the only way to see if a module might work is to try it, and if things go very wrong then you might end up with a bad motherboard, a bad module or both.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TechnikLSK
    TechnikLSK Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Billsey,

sadly this was not a constructive answer and asking "why" I need it anyway doesn't lead to a solution.

But if you are interested: we use Bitlocker policies for encrypting devices. We keep old devices as long as possible to minimize electronic trash.

The Veriton runs smoothly with our Windows 10 enterprise x64 but be enforced encryption a bit. This is why I like to try out. I'd ordered a TPM module and just test it out.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Good luck with that. I tend to stay clear of Bitlocker myself since I've seen so much data loss over the years when someone does something innocuous like changing the machine name…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.